Microsoft have announced their first tablet, Microsoft Surface.
The tablet will be available in two options. One with Windows RT, which is the lightweight option, and one with Windows 8 Pro, the more expensive and also the larger, more powerful option.
The known details of the Windows RT option are:
- 9.33 mm thick
- 10.6″ ClearType HD DIsplay
- 31.5 Wh battery
- microSD, USB 2.0, Micro HD Video
- Office Home & Student 2013 RT, Touch Cover, Type Cover
- 32 GB, 64 GB
And the known details of the Windows 8 Pro option are:
- 903 g
- 13.5 mm thick
- 10.6″ ClearType Full HD Display
- 42 Wh battery
- microSDXC, USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort Video,
- Touch Cover, Type Cover, Pen with Palm Block
- 64 GB, 128 GB
The tablet also has a built in kickstand and cover which features a keyboard and trackpad, which connects with a single magnetic click, so the tablet will also be the most comfortable to anyone who prefers keyboards to touchscreens.
The tablet also features two cameras, the rear of which is angled so that when the kickstand is being used it can still record from either camera.
The tablet is also being referred to as a full-on PC, with Eric Neustadter, from Xbox Live Operations claiming the tablet is capable of running Civilization IV and V, something which their main competitor, the Ipad cannot do.
Latest posts by Anthony Wright (see all)
- Ducktales Remastered E3 trailer released - June 7, 2013
- New Thief trailer revealed for E3 - June 7, 2013
- Kiefer Sutherland to reprise the role of Snake in Metal Gear Solid V - June 7, 2013